Handy Hints For Usage
Neem Fruit: Which is put through a cold press to produce oil. Uses include skin treatment, arthritis, crop protection, some Indian families take the oil orally when ill. Please don’t be put off by the strong aroma of neem oil.
This oil should have been in our western medicine cabinets centuries ago.
These application instructions for Neem Oil are based on trials, research and results witnessed by us at Natures Good Oil over more than 20 years in treatment of many ailments.
These observations are in no way meant to be taken as medical advice, nor are any claims inferred as to the effectiveness of Neem products in the treatments of any ailment either human or animal.
Neem has been used for thousands of years as an effective medicinal. Neem oil must be sourced from a supplier that guarantees it to be pure and free from contamination.
When using Neem Oil it is important to use an applicator to prevent contaminating the oil. I like to pour out an amount into a small container or use a cotton bud to take out required amount of neem oil. Replace cap immediately and refrigerate as this will prolong the oil’s shelf life.
A LITTLE NEEM OIL GOES A LONG WAY — use sparingly.
Hints And Tips
The best results I have witnessed are with using pure oil.
A blend of 5-10% tea tree, coconut, or lavender oils, will soften the strong garlic like smell of Neem oil.
If full strength Neem oil is found to be too strong, dilute with a bland oil Eg: sesame oil.
A 20% sesame seed oil blend with Neem oil will give added UV stability to the Neem oil.
Pure Neem oil will solidify in cool conditions, immerse bottle in lukewarm water to liquefy.
Neem oil is recommended for external use only. Please keep Neem oil refrigerated when not in use, as the oil becomes unstable in hot conditions.
Neem oil is highly contraceptive if used internally, do not use if pregnant or likely to become pregnant.
- Head lice- 5 to 10ml of pure oil mixed with 250ml conditioner, leave in hair 3-5 minutes.
- Dandruff or itchy Scalp- As above.
- Insects Bites- pure oil massaged in well for quick relief.
- Skin Cancers and Sunspots- Apply pure oil daily or use a skin plaster saturated with oil.
- Dermatitis, Rashes, Psoriasis skin irritations Apply pure Neem oil as often as required.
- Skin Irritations from solvents and petrochemicals- Pure Neem oil neutralises many irritants.
- Boils, cysts, lumps, cuts and wounds- Pure oil applied twice daily, massage in well.
- Sunburns and infected burns- pure oil daily, cover with dressing if required.
- Wrinkles- Pure oil can improve skin tone, good effects noted on fine wrinkles and aging hands.
- Arthritis- pure oil massaged in for at least two minutes, twice daily.
- Urinary-Tract Infection and venereal disease – use neem oil applied to tampon. Repeat if necessary.
- Fungal Infections – pure oil applied twice daily.
- Added to a litre container of 30+ sunscreen (20ml pure neem oil + 2 drops of citronella oil, blend well) will give good protection from biting insects including midgees, sandflies mosquitos and horseflies.
- For general skin care add 20ml pure neem oil to e.g vitamin E cream, sorbelene or your preferred general moisturizer. If neem oil fragrant is overpowering feel free to add 2 drops of essential oil. ( lavander, rose oil etc.).
- Mange and Ringworm- apply pure oil to affected area daily, massaging in well.
- Skin Cancer- Vets report excellent results on skin cancers applying oil twice daily.
- Fungal Problems, Queensland Itch- Apply pure Neem oil to affected area twice daily
- Cuts, wounds and abrasions- pure Neem oil applied twice daily, bandage if required.
Shampoo- Mix 10ml pure Neem oil to 250ml of any herbal shampoo (or conditioner) leave on coat for 3-5 minutes, for eradication of fleas and a healthy shiny coat.